Ambien consisting of zolpidem is used to treat insomnia. The drug used to induce sleep belongs to the category of sedative-hypnotics. The orally consumed tablets show its sleep-inducing effects by calming the brain. The medicament is used for short term treatments, i.e., for one to two weeks or even less.
The use of Ambien is associated with the following general symptoms:
- Drowsiness or day time sleeping
If the symptoms persist, patients should report to the concerned doctor. He may adjust the dose to control the severity and frequency of the above symptoms. Generally, the symptoms subside with the regular consumption of tablets.
There are specific side effects which require the immediate care of the doctor, such as:
- Mood disorders such as anxiety, new/worsened depression, hallucinations, agitation, mood swings, etc.
- Severe dizziness
- Difficulty in breathing
- Serious allergic reactions such as rashes, itching, or swelling of the tongue, face & throat
- What Happens When You Stop Taking Phentermine?
- What are the Types of Anxiety Disorders?
- How to Spot an R039 Fake Yellow Xanax Bars?
However, the above list does not contain everything. If the patients observe any symptoms, they should report it to the pharmacist or physician.